MAGICAL ANGELICA


Majestic Angelica archangelica.
This powerful herb gives courage & brings calm to those pained by fear & anxiety.
Like a guardian, Angelica provides inner strength & guidance, promotes self-confidence & radiates a glow of health & happiness.

Angelica is considered as an ancient power plant that protects against all evil & can be carried as an amulet to ward off any form of wicked sorcery.
It is used magically as an herb for protection & dried leaves can be burned in exorcism rituals.
Sprinkle dried Angelica in all four corners of the house to ward off evil spirits inside the home.
For protection, grow Angelica along with Rosemary in the garden, make necklaces of the leaves or carry the root in your pocket.

When used as a bath, Angelica can remove curses, hexes & negative spells. You can add Nettle leaves, Pine needles & salt into your cleansing bath.

The root of the Angelica is commonly used in hoodoo for the purposes of warding off evil, uncrossing, breaking jinxes & attaining good luck, especially in matters concerning the health or family.

Burn dried Angelica for healing, meditation, divination & visions.

Associated with Saint Michael the Archangel, Angelica was once thought to dispel lustful thoughts & protect against sorcery & attacks by violent & venomous beasts.
During the dark ages, when the Black Death devastated Europe, Angelica was highly respected for its powers to protect against this merciless killer.
According to the old legend, the Holy Ghost itself visited a sleeping monk & revealed Angelica's protective powers in a dream. Doctors, who were constantly at risk of infection, protected themselves by placing a piece of the root underneath the tongue.

If you eat a piece of Angelica root on midsummer night it'll cure any ailment.



Comments

  1. Hopefully we discover more cuing herbs like these. Thanks for sharing. I appreciate and will search more about it. Hopefully we have them here in PH too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a powerful herb Angelica is. It was good to go through and learn about the effects. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what wonder lies in herbs. So many herbs and funny sounding names which all have their benefits. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew it was associated with st. Michael! Definitely going to look more into it and it's so interesting to learn how people used this herb before! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angelica herb sounds amazing and I would need it if it could help bring down anxiety and fear. I am going through this phase where I get startled by small things and may be this could help. Amazing to see how a herb could have so many benefits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pooja! This post here describes more of the magical features of the Angelica. There would be more specific herbs that could help you, you can find them on my Herbal Picnic blog. Especially I think of the St .Johns Wort, you should be able to buy it from the health shops as a tea. But make sure you familiarize yourself with the herb before you start drinking it as some of them might not agree with everybody. I leave it here for you, hope it helps.. 💛☀💛 https://herbalpicnic.blogspot.com/2013/06/st-johns-wort.html

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful plant. I’d love to plant some next year after hearing all the benefits of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a helpful herb! It seems that many people would benefit from it. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This herb sounds incredible, I need to track this down and source some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Herbs are so precious but we are not trying to grow more such type of herbs. By sharing this post you are creating a great awareness by writing more about herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a very big one in the garden, I really need to harvest some of it ! I love everything about plants and herbs !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea that if you eat a piece of Angelica root it can cure any ailment. But more than that I love finding herbal remedies for illness or stress and anxiety and I love the idea that Angelica can be used for meditation and that it radiates health and happiness! This is a fascinating post thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristine Nicole AlessandraJuly 30, 2019 at 3:22 PM

    I have been reading a lot about plant medicine and I am willing to try anything to make me feel better. Popping a pill everytime gives me anxiety. I will keep checking your blog for more health information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine! Thank you so much for your comment! Here I write about more of the magical properties of the herbs but if you are interested about herbal medicine, then my blog Herbal Picnic is just all about that . You are very welcome to take a look & maybe you will find some useful information there : https://herbalpicnic.blogspot.com/2014/05/angelica.html

      Delete
  13. This is so interesting. I have no idea about healing effects of herbs. I will try this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Impresive! Well, I love herbs and flowers with healing functions like angelica. I'm just hearing of it now but it does have so much use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never knew about it! thank you so much for educating me about it. And it does look beutiful as an angel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment